I could have just written the word out, but we write about Thomas a lot, and this is a family blog, and my mother occasionally reads it. So . . .
People I am so livid about I felt the need to make a list and give them a public cursing:
- F%^& YOU Bud Selig – You get the initial lashing because everyone in the cities of Boston and Tampa live in the Eastern Time Zone. We all had to stay up after midnight to watch that amazing game last night. But your greed and need for more tv revenue from letting it be on in prime time is forcing an entire generation to miss games because they’re on too late.
- F^%$ YOU Anyone who calls Barack Obama a Muslim – First of all, this is a lie. If you don’t know it’s a lie by now, you are either deliberately ignorant or unbelievably stupid. Second of all, there shouldn’t be a problem even if he was a Muslim. Most of you idiots who spout this lie probably claim to be Christians, but you wouldn’t understand the basic tenants of Christianity as espoused by Jesus in the New Testament if they smacked you upside the head with a shovel, which is very tempting at this point.
- F*&^ YOU John McCain – I almost switched to a Republican registration to vote for you in the primaries in 2000, because you ran your campaign with such honor and dignity and because W was going to be such a nightmare. That you are now allowing the disgusting filth and lies to emanate from your campaign after claiming you would run an honorable campaign is pathetic. That you countered someone calling Obama an Arab by saying “no, he’s a good man,” as if an Arab can’t be a good man is disturbing. That you have to correct these idiots is what goes around coming back around.
- F$%^ YOU Supporters of Ballot Measure 1 in Massachusetts – This is not about waste. That’s a lie. You know it’s a lie. It’s because you don’t want to pay any taxes. If you are so greedy that you can’t allow any of your money to be used for the good of other people, move to another state that doesn’t have income tax. You’re trying to take money away from my son’s education.
- F#$% YOU People Who Say Measure 1 Will Save You $3700 – You idiot Measure 1 supporters get two lashings. That number is only true for people who make over $100,000. The people who make less, those who really need the services that would be drastically cut by passing this measure, they will have very little savings. Stop telling them this lie.
- F@#$ YOU Nobel Prize Committee for Literature – Philip Roth is 75. Salman Rushdie is 61. Stop fooling around and give them the prize already before either one of them dies. You missed out on Joyce, Tolstoy, Proust and Nabokov. Don’t miss out on our two best living writers.
- F*$% YOU People Who Throw Your Cigarettes Out the Window Of Your Car – Your car has an ashtray. Stop littering the world. In fact, stop polluting the air I have to breathe and giving yourself cancer.
- F^%$ YOU Massachusetts Drivers – Learn how to yield, learn how to stop for pedestrians and learn how not park across 4 spots.
and finally, a big hearty
- CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU!!!!!! – Connecticut Supreme Court – While you made your finding yesterday based on the Connecticut State Constitution, it follows the basic tenant of Article 1 of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.” The recognition of marriage by the state is a form of liberty, and to allow certain people to marry and others not, is a violation of this amendment. Again, back to those people who claim to be Christians – “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”